NAPERVILLE, IL — Naperville fire officials say a compost bin placed to close to a home is responsible for a fire that broke out in the 900 block of Rock Spring Road Thursday morning. Strong winds may have caused the bin to smolder outside of the single-family home, officials said.

A neighbor called to report the fire around 11:30 a.m. Once fire crews got to the scene, it took about 14 minutes to put out the blaze, according to a press release from Naperville Fire Department Division Chief Scott Salela.

No injuries were reported from the blaze, Salela wrote.

Picture Source: Shutterstock

SOURCE ( Lisa Marie Farver, Patch )