NAPERVILLE, IL — A Naperville resident was rescued safely from a building in the first block of Chicago Avenue after a fire broke out on the deck, according to a news release from Naperville Fire Department Bureau Chief Phil Giannattasio. The fire was reported just before 8 a.m. Monday on the upper deck of the building, which has a business on the ground level and a residence on the upper level.

According to Giannattasio’s press release, the fire was put out within five minutes of fire crews arriving at the scene. Fire officials say the flames were contained on the back deck and did not get into the building, but minor overhaul and ventilation was done to get smoke out of the property.

According to the Naperville Fire Department, the fire was caused by improperly extinguished “smoking materials.” No one was injured in the fire.

Picture Source: Nicole Bertic/Patch

SOURCE ( Lisa Marie Farver, Patch )